first of all I want to wish you luck and I am starting to ask my questions.
Thanks very nice from you (mary)
1) you know Vibeke Stene was the singer of Tristania but this year she suddenly left the band. What are you thoughts about vibeke leaving?
1) About Vibeke leaving? No thoughts, anyway it s not my own business.: )
2) How do you feel about her? do you like her singing style?
2) I feel good, me and Vibeke are completely different and our different styles represent 2 different personalities, it is enough to understand that I would never sing like her and she would never sing like me.
3) will you and Tristania re-record/re-release any songs?
At the moment I really don t know, we just have versions with my voice but nothing very professional, we just recorded at home at the moment.
4) Do you like singing old songs live?_ will you sing them on your own style or on Vibeke's style?
YES I like it,
I ll sing the old songs with my voice
..I think haha!!! kidding, well I want the fans to recognize the songs so I ll sing the same lines even using my style, maybe in some of the songs something will sound a little different.
5) you know there were lots of Vibeke fans. and she left the band are you worried about comparing with Vibeke?
5) hahaha, no absolutely, I would t like to have lot to worry about in my life, especially cause of stupid reasons!!
6)How well do you think your voice combines with Østen's?
6) we are great ;)
7) Have you ever been in Norway? do you like there?. Will you move to Norway from Italy for studio records?
7) It s the first time for me in Norway, and actually I like it, now I live in Stavanger. I am a very curious person and I try to know as much as possible from life, especially by experiences, this is a new adventure and I am really excited.
8) a little special.. Are you married or have a boy friend?
8) Not married for sure! I don t have any boyfriend at the moment.
9)What surprises are there going to be in store on the next Tristania album?
9) I can t tell, but I think you will like it.
10)Will you be writing any of the songs for the next album or no?
10) I ll contribute in it, I like to be creative in music, I will always create my lines, I would nt feel good without to express my passion.
11)What name do you perfer to be called Mary or Mariangela?
11) maybe Mary, hehe.
12)What do you think of the guys of the band? How they react you?
12) they are splendid, I think I ve been very a lucky girl and we really like working together.
13)What languges do you speak?
13) I am next to learn norvegian, hehe, well, Italian, Spanish, some French, I can understand and read Portuguese but I am not able to speak yet.
14)What is your vocal range? Or type, like soprano, mezzo, etc.
14) mezzo soprano.
15)How long have you been a fan of Tristania?
15) I am not used to be a fan of any band, I have just my favourites. I like Tristania from the moment I always liked the energy of their songs.
16)How does your family react when they learn that you are new singer of Tristania?
16) Well, nobody of my family has any music interest apart my sisters, but they appreciate I am able to make up my mind in my life without to ask them help. I think they are proud of me.
17)Have any of the songs been re-arranged majorily for your voice?
18)What is your most embarassing moment?
18) I get very embarrassed when sometimes I get into the wrong toilet (that for men)
19)how do you expect the fans to react live?
19) Oh!!! I really hope they will enjoy next live shows, I can t wait to meet them
20)What are your favourite bands? and Who are your music idols?
20) well. I like lot of bands, the point is that I love different genres, from blues, jazz, rock, heavy metal and bla bla bla
.and I really don t have idols, but I have bands and artists that have been able to excite me
as said before, I got influenced from Janis Joplin, Lisa Dal Bello, Diamanda Galas Skin, Chris Cornell, Juff Buckley
but I love Tracy Chapman, Dulce Pontes, Dio, PJ Harvey, Elisa, Noa haha, too much
.I can t make a list.
21)The last questions Can you tell us about new Tristania album? How it will be? did you start to record? Tell us a little about the songs and tour? When will you start to go on tour?
21) I d really like to tell you something else, but at the moment I can t , we just had the audition and 2 weeks rehearsing and recording some vocal parts just to fix it better. I think we will have a tour, but I don t know when exactly, I really hope soon. Anyway. we will play lot of old songs, but I still can t tell anything about the new album.
Thank you so much for this interview,