1. They are hypocrites. Come on folks let's be realistic. The majority of black metal bands preach about darkness and blood and blah blah blah. But we all know that most of the guys are completely fine and at the centre of society. They live in pretty nice houses. They drink their beer, watch their football matches and go home. If they ever indeed have an encounter with the devil or a demon (if it does exist) they will be shitting and pissing their pants like a 5 month old baby.
I guess you have forgotten about the church arsons, the murders, the racism, the violent stage performances etc? They were young lads with extreme ideologies - many of them lived perfect lives. That's why younger generations revolt and rise up aginst society. They were sick of trendy music, christianity and ''niceness'' in general. If you can't understand that, then you're as dumb as the people who would rather deep-throat a shotgun than insult Tarja.
2. They are kinda stupid. I mean it literally. (Bathory and Ceremonial Embrace especially). One particular BM site. I saw an interview where the interviewer was talking to the guitarist and asked him if he was a spiritual man. And did you know what the guitarist said....."I'm an atheist but I think Satan should be embraced" :lol:
He (I'm assuming it's a ''he'') meant the ideology of Satan in CHRISTIAN MYTHOLOGY is more likable than God's. I agree! I do not believe in God, but if the Bible, and therefore Christianity, was true, then Satan makes alot more sense than God the Tyrant.
3. It is a narrow-minded genre. Okay with bands like Tristania e.t.c. there is usually a mix-up between themes in the music even though some albums may exhibit repititon. But come on folks BM bands only sing about one theme throughout their entire career.
Satanism, evil, misanthropy, death and suffering are common themes in black metal. But folk-lore, history, war, philosophy, politics are also common themes. You are just wrong!
4. Several bands have members who were held up for sexual harrasment charges and even rape (gorgoroth). Now tell me would you listen extensively to music that pedophiles and serial rapists like.....I didn't think so.
I do! Varg Vikernes burned down historical and beautiful buildings, he killed another man, he is a neo-nazi, a pagan, a norwegian nationalist.... but I adore his music and art! Knut Hamsun supported Hitler, people still read his books. And people listen to Micheal Jackson...
5. This is the long term damage of listening to black metal.
No, YOU cause long-term damage for being such an idiot.