That is correct! As far as known, none other band has a video game about themselves naturally, not even the biggest pop or rock stars. Tristania will be the very first band who'll have a game about themselves. This is no wonder, Tristania is the best gothic band in this whole wide world!
It was also obvious that I took Einar Moen to play the main role in the game. Vibeke is kidnapped, so it would be kinda weird to play with her
Other band members' face would be very hard to alter them to the game (there are about 40 head images in the game, Einar starts to bleed, once his health decreases, Einar smiles when he finds a gothic gun on his way, and so on). In fact, he had the best position at the band member photo, which I altered a bit (screenshot 2: Einar Moen stands on the rim of a cliff, holding the gothic gun). The other members' long hair would be also very hard to add, along with their different looking, so I decided to take Einar as the hero of the game.
Once he receives the gothic gun, he becomes unstoppable. Do not fail him
A few things to keep in mind:
- The very first episode will be a TRAINING, where you can learn the gameplay, build up strategies, sniff out hidden traps, learn from your mistakes, and THEN, the story episodes begin with episode 2 (The rescue), episode 3 (Secret celebration) and their amazing sequel, episode 4 (Where no man has gone before).
I highly advise you to play the training levels before entering the real battle.
- The gothic gun is unquestionably the most powerful weapon. However, you might find yourself on a situation, where every missed shot is critical. I won't notice these parts to you...you might discover them on you own.
- Don't worry if you get wounded. You can restore your health by picking up fresh wormwood in outside areas, eating holy food with wine, or drinking absinte. Your health will also restores by acquiring a Holy Cross on your way. Mostly, the satanists buried these, and hidden them, but if you're clever, you will find them. Holy Crosses will also gives you 1 soul. You can have 9 souls as a maximum amount.
- The switch controlled pushwalls cannot be opened by original methods, but mostly, it's obvious,which pushwall has been activated by a switch. Necessary items, and pathways won't be hidden.
- Episode 2 level 7 (Red nighfall) will be the only timed level in the game. You will have exactly 12 minutes to reach the level exit. It won't be an "impossible" level...but also won't be easy.
- I hate mazes, so I won't create a maze level...but there might be a small maze on one level.